Saturday, January 15, 2011

Elise's 2nd Birthday: Butterfly Cupcakes

My sister-in-law gave me free artistic rein on the butterfly cupcakes. I had always wanted to try these 3-d chocolate butterflies that I had seen in the Hello, Cupcake! book but never had an excuse to make them... until now! Unfortunately the instructions that they gave in the book didn't work for me - the butterfly wings just weren't looking the way I wanted them to. So I did a little brainstorming and with the help of my sister we had 20 beautiful, colorful, unique butterflies on our hands! I baked some confetti cupcakes, iced them with buttercream frosting and my sister rimmed the edges with rainbow sprinkles that she had mixed up. Then I positioned the wings on the cupcakes at different angles to make it appear that the butterflies were fluttering on the cupcakes. So impressive and so fun! I have a feeling I will be using a lot of candy melts in the future for decorating. I see some candy clay in my future...

No comments:

Post a Comment