Saturday, April 7, 2012

Peyton's First Birthday

Last Sunday I received a phone call from my husband's best friend's wife asking for a first birthday cake for their youngest daughter, Peyton. May seem like a little late planning at first but the real deal was that they had tried to contact a bakery to do the cake several times and the bakery never returned their phone calls. Bummer. But at least I got to do the cake! I hadn't done one in awhile so I was gunning to get creative. I baked two 12" by 18" cakes (one chocolate, one vanilla) and frosted the entire thing in BC frosting. Peyton's mom had sent me a photo of the napkins she had bought for the party and I pretty much took the design and transferred it to the cake. Kneaded up some MMF, colored it according to the design and cut it out into cute shapes to decorate the cake. Then I made a mini version with the birthday girl's name on it and presto - cake and smash cake for 60 first birthday party-goers done in less than a week! I was pretty impressed with the turnaround on it myself, especially for how large it was in the end. Coming up at the end of the month is my annual back-to-back sister birthday cakes - stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment