Saturday, August 7, 2010

First Wedding Cake

My husband works with a guy who is a wedding photographer on the side. His friend got married this weekend and he had recommended me to make her wedding cake. It was a little scary - I have never made one before and this is a wedding cake people! Something that will be documented in wedding photos for future generations to see! Thankfully the bride was very easy going. She and her husband-to-be don't actually care too much for cake so I had free range in design and flavors. I ran this buttercream design that I found online by her (and really wanted an excuse to make!) and we were off. I think it turned out pretty good for my first wedding cake. Not perfect, and I learned a lot through making it, but in the end it served it's purpose. Congratulation Heather and Zac! Hope the wedding and reception were awesome!

First and third layers butter cake, second layer chocolate fudge cake. Covered, filled and decorated with buttercream frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment