Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ice Cream Cake

My sister and I found this recipe in my vast recipe collection a few weeks ago and were dying to try it. We got the chance to make it for family dinner this weekend. It is called a Oreo & Fudge Ice Cream Cake. It was made from ice cream sandwiches, a filling consisting of hot fudge sauce, chocolate pudding mix, Oreos and whipped cream, and was covered in the remaining whipped cream topping. Then it freezes for a few hours and you've got yourself a tasty ice cream cake that is super yummy! My daughter escpecially liked that she could have some of the whipped topping and vanilla ice cream inside (no chocolate for her yet!). Everyone in the family loved it and my husband and I worked on the leftovers for a few weeks to finish it off. If you ever try to make this - one word of advice... Cut small pieces! This ice cream cake is super rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment