Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fancy Banana Cupcakes

My husband's birthday is very close to my daughter's. So right after her celebration it was time to make him a personalized treat. I asked him what he wanted and he said banana cupcakes. I had just found an online blog of an Australian baker who did personalized cakes and cupcakes for clients. Her cupcakes were amazing! She would personalize them by doing a basic flavored cupcake, topped with icing and then garnished with goodies and sauces! I was inspired! So I baked Josh some banana cupcakes (a homemade recipe from a cupcake cookbook my grandmother got me as an early birthday gift) and then I made some homemade banana buttercream icing to top them with. Then I got the creative juices going and decided to use crumbled vanilla wafers as a garnish and finally topped it all off with a banana chip! They were a huge hit with the entire family! I hope to try a lot more of these experimental fancy cupcakes in the future. Super fun and extra yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment