Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Basket Cake

My sister-in-law's birthday fell on Easter this year and her mom asked me to do an Easter-themed cake for her birthday. I decided to try making a classic Easter basket/ egg hunt cake. I made the cake portion look like an actual basket with Easter eggs spelling out a special birthday message. Then I fashioned a basket handle from candy clay and covered the base with grass. I topped it off with a Palmer's hollow chocolate duck, a couple chocolate bunnies and some Wilton sugar daisies. Although I struggled a lot with the basket handle and getting the letters into the molded chocolate eggs it came out beautiful in the end and my sister-in-law loved it!

Chocolate and strawberry checkerboard cake covered with buttercream frosting. Candy clay basket handle. Molded chocolate eggs and bunnies. Purchased Palmer's chocolate duck and Wilton sugar flowers (Michaels).

No comments:

Post a Comment