Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ooey Gooey Blonde Brownies (also known as Butterscotch Marshmallow Brownies)

The original name of this recipe was Marshmallow Brownies but after making them I felt this was not an accurate description of this delectable concoction of butterscotch, chocolate chips, marshmallows and walnuts! First I whipped up the batter which ended up looking a lot more like gooey cookie dough or seven-layer bars filling than brownie mix!


Then I smooshed it into a glass baking dish and cooked it according to the directions. I tested them with a toothpick (which came out clean) so I took them out and let them cool completely before attempting to cut them for our company that was arriving for dinner that night. About five minutes before company arrived, I decided to slice some up and get a few pictures. But when I tried to take them out of the pan they were just a big ooey gooey mess! I had a minor panic attack thinking that they weren't cooked! Fortunately after some inspection (and taste testing) I found that they were cooked just really chock full of all the ingredients which led to a delightful and delectable chewy blondie brownie filled with chocolate chips, gooey melted marshmallows and walnuts. Therefore I decided to rename them as Ooey Gooey Blonde Brownies.


I highly recommend eating these brownies with a plate and fork (although if you do pre-cut them they will crust up a little around the edges so you could eat them by hand). Here's a copy of the recipe:

Ooey Gooey Blondie Brownies
(Butterscotch Marshallow Brownies)
1 cup (6 ounces) butterscotch chips
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 eggs
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups miniature marshmallows
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

In a saucepan over low heat, melt butterscotch chips and butter; cool for 10 minutes. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Add butterscotch mixture; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to batter and mix well. Stir in marshmallows, chocolate chips and nuts. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until brownies test done with a toothpick. Cool before cutting.


Yield: 3 dozen


Later this week, my sister-in-law and I are going to get together to make some homemade ice cream. After that I have another cake on the books! Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment