Saturday, April 6, 2013

Mickey Mouse First Birthday Cake


Okay so let me just say that yes, the smash cake in this photo got a little pre-smashed. Unfortunately it slid a little in the car and hit the side of the tote it was in. My first casualty in cake delivery! And thankfully my beautiful friend just went with it and said "Hey, it's going to get smashed anyway, right?"

Levi is the son of one of my dear friends from the high school days. He is an absolutely gorgeous little boy with blond hair and an impish grin who immediately fell in love with my daughter and followed her around trying to gain her attention when it was diverted from him. And he turned the big one this week!

His mom had sent me a picture of a cake topper she had planned to get about a month ago and asked me to theme the cake after it. No problem right? Sketched up a cake, got her approval and we were on our way to Mickey Mouse Cakedom! After I got the cake finished and sent her a photo, she told me the topper had been discontinued and she had to improvise on the cake topper. It all worked out in the end but let me just say on a side note for all those parents out there - buy party supplies when you see them and decide on the party theme! I don't know how many times I have uttered the phrase "I'll pick it up next time" just to be completely bummed out when it wasn't there when I went back. Let's just say my husband is tired of hearing it!

For example, my daughter is My Little Pony crazy. And Wal-mart has the party supplies. And her birthday is in September. Guess who has a laundry room full of pony party supplies? That's right. I have learned from my past mistakes.

I hope that Levi had a wonderful party and everything (else) went smoothly for his parents. Here's to a great first year with many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment