Monday, March 28, 2016

Has It Really Been Three Years?!?!?

Holy Cow!  I haven't done any cake blogs in almost three years!

It was about this time three years ago that something very special happened in our family.  We found out that we were expecting another child!  My first pregnancy was a pretty traumatic event - insane swelling, high blood pressure and preeclampsia.  It also resulted in the most precious little baby girl!  Understandable, I promised my husband that if we were ever blessed with another baby, that I would take it easier than I did the first time around.  Which meant no more cake orders.



Our second daughter, Brinley was born in 2014 and it has been a fast-paced life ever since.  Juggling two daughters and going back to work full-time, buying and moving into our forever home and recently getting the cutest little beagle puppy you have ever seen (my husband claimed he needed more testosterone in the house to balance out all us girls).  Who had time to bake?  Well I did - it's not so easy to give up something you are passionate about no matter what you promise!  But keeping up with a blog definitely got put on the back burner.  Actually, it pretty much got tossed out the back door!

Now that our little girls are growing and getting more independent with each passing day, it is time to update this blog.  I have missed documenting my baking passion and it was so fun to look back at all my past cake creations!  I am going to spend the next few posts re-visiting some of the sugary creations I have done in the past three years.  Get ready to start having some sweet cravings!


No comments:

Post a Comment