Saturday, May 1, 2010

Baby Shower Cake - Fondant Style

A girl at work who I have made cakes for before asked me to make her a baby shower cake this week. Here it is! The picture seriously does not do it justice! The bow was a little difficult. The first bow I made totally (and literally) flopped so I had to make a second one. Apparently bows aren't meant to be made out of fondant but instead a combination of it with gumpaste - who knew? This one was made out of fondant and left out to dry for 36 hours before placing on the cake. Thank goodness it worked because the end result was 100% worth it! She texted me after the shower and said the cake was a HUGE success!

Strawberry cake with strawberry icing, covered and decorated with marmallow fondant and royal icing flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment