Saturday, May 1, 2010

Silent Hill Cake

My sister's 24th birthday was today! So as soon as I was finished placing the bow and delivering the baby shower cake to Easton I started on this creation for her. The cake is themed after our favorite horror survival game Silent Hill! This cake was very difficult to make. It was a four level, filling-filled nightmare themed cake. The fondant wouldn't tint red so I had to paint it with red food coloring by hand (and I'm still trying to get the red off my hands!). The homemade cookies-and-cream filling was delicious but not sturdy under heavy fondant. But in the end it was really yummy, looked totally cool and my sister got the theme right away!

Chocolate fudge cake with cookies-and-cream filling and vanilla icing. Covered and decorated with marshmallow fondant.

No comments:

Post a Comment