Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Cake

Here is the Mother's Day cake that I made for our Mother's Day luncheon today. Unfortunately I had to work (on my first Mother's Day!) so I got together with the Moms on both sides of the family and planned a luncheon on the Monday following. It was so much fun - except that my niece was sick and unable to come. Marshmallow fondant is pretty amazing but I want to take a break from it after this cake. I need to work more on my buttercream and royal icing techniques. Plus marshmallow fondant is yummy but it gets to be old after awhile... I want some softer frosting on my next creation!

White cake swirled with purple food coloring filled with wonder cream frosting and covered in marshmallow fondant. Bow and details done in marshmallow fondant.

No comments:

Post a Comment