Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Gender Reveal Cake

So gender reveal cakes are all the rage right now and my best friend just happens to be expecting her second child right now! She was so kind to let me design her a gender reveal cake for her big announcement! Since my friend and her husband haven't decided on a theme for the nursery yet I wanted to do something that was more about what the baby's sex would be and not so much baby themes. I got this cute idea to decorate baby onesies in boy and girl themes and hang them on a clothesline around the cake! So much fun! Here are some pictures of the onesies...







Adorable aren't they? So then I baked up a white layer cake (tinted for the big reveal) and iced it up with some blue frosting. Then I used some Japanese cracker cookie sticks for the clothesline poles and did some "string work" for the clothesline (I seriously am cracking myself up at this right now... cake decorator joke). Hung the onesies on the cake and placed one of the clever gender reveal taglines I have come across on the internet on top. I think this is the first cake that I have baked, decorated and delivered in 12 hours! So worth it though!



I love it when the cake turns out so clean (and problem-free)! Especially when the design came from yours truly! I really should start doing a lot more of my own designs. My daughter has a major plan for her birthday in September. May take me all of August to complete! For now though I think I am officially cake order free until April. Have to have some time off to practice some upcoming wedding creations. Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. The cake was WONDERFUL! I Can't wait to show Baby Noah when he is bigger!

    ReplyDelete