Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Peanut Butter Candy Cookies


I believe that I have made these cookies on this blog before. But I don't believe that I posted the recipe the first time. I made them for Easter a few years back. I made them again today with the help of my daughter. She woke up asking to make cookies, I had planned to make them on Friday but she twisted my arm. Here is the recipe!

Peanut Butter Candy Cookies
(from the Favorite Brand Name Bake Sale Cookbook)
3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups quartered miniature peanut butter cups
1/3 cup milk chocolate chips or chopped milk chocolate bar

1. Beat peanut  butter and butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Beat in sugar, baking powder and baking soda until well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in flour at low speed just until combined. Stir in peanut butter cups. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.

2. Preheat oven to 375°F. Form 1/3 cup dough into 1/4-inch-thick disc. Place cookies on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.

4. Place chocolate in small resealable plastic freezer bag; seal bag. Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 minute. Turn bag over; microwave at MEDIUM 1 minute or until melted. Knead bag until chocolate is smooth.

5. Cut off very tiny corner of bag; pipe chocolate decoratively onto cookies. Let stand until chocolate is set. Stack cookies between layers of waxed paper in container. Store at room temperature up to 1 week.

The Superbowl is coming up on Sunday! Stay tuned for some (hopefully) very cute football-themed cupcakes! Not to mention I'll be doing a series of cupcakes this February for my summer wedding orders to taste and pick wedding cake flavors. So very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment